Monday, June 20, 2011

Hello and Welcome!

Hi Family and Friends! Thanks for stopping in to check out my new blog!

Before we start, there are a few things that you should know about me (if you don't already). First of all, I love food blogs. All kinds of food blogs. I love the recipes, the gorgeous photos, the ideas and creativity. Secondly, my second daughter, Maddie is not such a great sleeper. I spend a LOT of time rocking her to sleep. Therefore, I have a LOT of time to spend surfing the web, looking at my beloved food blogs. Baby asleep in one arm, the hand of my free arm glued to my mouse track pad, I just sit there clicking and scrolling to my hearts content!



















When I recently began trying to get rid of the last little bit of baby weight my surfing shifted to blogs that focus on healthy eating, organic food, "real food," diet food, raw food and even vegan food. I began to realize that the food we eat can do so much more than provide the calories that you need (or don't need) to get you through the day. Food is very powerful. It can reduce (or increase) your chances of developing heart disease. It can reduce (or increase) your chances of developing cancer. It can reduce (or increase) your chances of getting a myriad of illnesses. It can make you feel energetic or it can make you feel sluggish (well, I think we all already knew that one).

I decided to take a better look, not just at the food I am eating myself, but at the food I am feeding to my family.



















This little munchkin.















And this one.


It makes my heart happy when I see them eating things that are good for them.

I know it can be really confusing at times. Should we be using olive oil this month? What about soy? Does drinking green tea on the third friday of each month prevent blindness?

I've been researching, and trying to figure things out myself. I started this blog so that I can share the information that I find with you guys.

So, if you're up for it, please join me on this journey as we try out new foods, new cooking methods and new ideas. Just TRY IT! You might LIKE IT!

Are you with me?

2 comments:

  1. Nice, enjoyed the recipe with pics. I need quick healthy meals, I do not get home till after 8 pm, impossible to put together a meal and healthy at the same time. My granddaughter is due any day and I was interested in making baby food from fresh vegetables, any ideas. Also, do you have any thoughts of adding flaxseed to foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a Tbsp ground flax seed added to food is a good source of omega-3s.

    ReplyDelete